As seen on:
1610 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL
Board Certified Criminal Trial Specialist
A defendant has certain procedural rights regarding his pretrial detention hearing. These rights include:
· The right to counsel;
· The right to present witnesses;
· The right to cross-examine witnesses;
· The rules of evidence do not apply; however, any evidenced seized that violated the Florida or US Constitution is inadmissible, and a final order cannot be solely based on hearsay evidence;
· The defendant’s evidence cannot be used as substantive evidence; however, it can be used for impeachment in perjury proceedings;
· The final order that states the facts and conclusions of law regarding the evidence at the hearing must be delivered with in 24 hours after the hearing.