As seen on:
1610 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL
Board Certified Criminal Trial Specialist
In Florida, a judge may order pretrial detention if:
· The defendant has previously violated conditions of release;
· The defendant has threatened, intimidated, or injured a victim, juror, potential witness, or judicial officer or conspired to do so.
· The defendant is charged with trafficking in a controlled substance, and it is substantially probable that the accused committed the offense.
· The defendant is a threat to the community.
· The defendant is charged with DUI manslaughter, it is substantially probable that the defendant committed the crime; and she is a threat to the community ( i.e. she has a prior DUI conviction or is driving with a suspended license).
· The defendant was on probation or other release for a dangerous crime.
· The defendant violated one or more conditions of the pretrial release or bond for the charged offense.