As seen on:
1610 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL
Board Certified Criminal Trial Specialist
In Florida, a judge may be disqualified by either party under the following circumstances:
· The judge is prejudiced for or against a party;
· The judge is related to the defendant within the third degree;
· The judge is related to any lawyer in the case within the third degree;
· The judge is related within the third degree to any judge who participated as a lower court judge in a decision by the judge; or
· The judge is a material witness to the case at hand.
However, a judge will not be disqualified if he was a former prosecutor, or if he campaigned for a tough stance on crime.