As seen on:
1610 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL
Board Certified Criminal Trial Specialist
A sexual assault victim may request that his testimony, evidence, and records be kept confidential. This request will be granted if the victim can show:
· The victim’s identity was not already known by the community;
· The victim did not call public attention to the crime;
· The victim’s identification is not a reasonable part of the public concern;
· The identity of the victim would be offensive to a reasonable person; and
· The identity of the victim would endanger the victim because the assailant has not been found or is not known;
· The identity of the victim would endanger the victim because there may be retaliation, harassment, or intimidation;
· Disclosure of the identity may cause severe emotional harm;
· Disclosure may convince the victim not to testify; or
· Disclosure may not be appropriate for another good cause.